Training Update - Week 1 (Jan 16 – Jan 22, 2017)

        I ran only 4 miles this week instead of the planned 6 miles. I don't mind starting slow. Especially since I just started to try forefoot running style.
        For bouldering, the route difficulty is indicated by the v-Scale. V0 is the easiest routes and the difficulty increases with higher grades. Bouldering felt good at the beginning of this week.  On Wednesday, my muscles got tired fast and I could not complete few v3 climbs that I completed earlier in the week. So, Thursday was an easy day to help the muscles recover.

Monday

3 V1 routes
5 V2 routes
5 V3 routes
1 V4 route  (3 failed  attempts. Need to work on finger strength)

Tuesday

3 V0 routes
5 V1 routes
1 V2 route
2 V3 routes
1 failed V3 route (Need to work on finger strength)
1" campus board pull ups - 10 X 1 rep
2 X 10 reps pushups
2 X 10 reps bodyweight squats
1.5 minutes plank
2 mile run at 10 min/mile pace


Wednesday

2 V0 routes
6 V1 routes
4 V2 routes
2 failed V3 routes (Tired from climbing 3 consecutive days)
2 mile run at 10 min/mile pace


Thursday

5 sets of 10 reps each - Squats
10 sets of 5 reps each - Push ups


Friday
2 V0 routes
6 V1 routes
1 V2 route
3 V3 routes
1 V4 route (2 Failed attempts. Finger strength lacking)

Saturday and Sunday

        An unexpected travel came up and I could not do any training.

        Overall, I am happy with my training this week. I don't have access to my climbing gym for the next 3 weeks due to the traveling. So, I have to modify my training to make up for the lost bouldering.

        As always, suggestions are welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Blog About My Fitness Goals?

Training Update - Week 3 (Mar 6 – Mar 12, 2017)