Training Update Series Overview

This series is a weekly log of my training. I will also talk about the logic over how I am defining and modifying the training plan. Over time, this series will highlight the progress I am making.

 

The main focus areas for my training is listed below.

 

For Climbing:

Focus Area

Activity

Weekly Frequency

Finger/Arm/Shoulder Strength training

Campus boards, Pullups, Rope Climbing, Barbell, Kettlelbell Training

2

Core Fitness

Planks, Push-ups, Situps

2

Legs and Balance

Squats, Barbell, Kettlelbell Training

2

Balance

Stretching/Yoga

2

Full Body

Climbing, Burpees

3

 

 

For Running:

Focus Area

Activity

Weekly Frequency

Running Muscles

Running

3

Endurance

Jump Ropes, Rowing

1

 

 

I am starting with a weekly mileage of 6 miles and Increase mileage using (Running world calculator) as a guide. Pre and post workout stretching will be part of the everyday routine to help with muscle recovery.

 

 

Although this log will help keep track of my training and plan for the upcoming week, I will not be using a rigid plan. Depending on fatigue or soreness, I may insert a rest day or an easy day. The above training frequency is only a guideline to prevent me from losing focus on an area of importance to achieve my goals.

 

Suggestions are welcome!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Blog About My Fitness Goals?

Training Update - Week 1 (Jan 16 – Jan 22, 2017)

Training Update - Week 3 (Mar 6 – Mar 12, 2017)